Monday 1 November 2010

Birthday bunting

A friend asked me to make some bunting using up fabric left over from some curtains she had made.

This is a nice way to decorate a room, and I had fun matching my felts to the colours in the fabric and adding the birds. There is also enough to make a cushion, and perhaps a little line of singing birds! My brief was to make something that was not too busy for a small room. I think for a more fancy style, I'd like to make some more, cutting round the birds on the line to make this the top of the bunting so, with the help of a little interfacing, they are sitting in a row across the top of the bias binding. The fabric is by Sarah V Battle for almedahls. I really like her use of collage and printed ephemera such as computer print-outs in the birds.

6 comments:

A Thrifty Mrs said...

What sweet bunting. So pretty.

Amelia said...

looks stunning Gillian :)

Amelia.x

MissGinger said...

really lovely - the letters look so good on that material. x

Fabric Nation said...

Thank you! x

Sally said...

I absolutely love these! I wish the things I made looked this neat and professional!
Sally x

Fabric Nation said...

Thanks sally!