Friday 27 March 2009

Handmade Cambridge - Jewellers

Just a week to go! And today it's the jewellery makers' turn to show their wares. The range of beautiful and creative work that will be for sale at the Cambridge Handmade Craft fair on April 4th is just stunning, so it will be well worth a visit! I love Corryvreckan's sea inspired silver work. Lovely ideas feature in her jewellery, like the seagull and pebble earrings, bladder wrack pendants and this very covetable seaweed bracelet.

Clare Howieson will be there with her beautiful silver work. She is a Cambridge based jeweller who combines delicate textures with abstract shapes to create distinctive contemporary pieces. These look hard to resist!

Not only is Lazy Giraffe working hard to ensure we have a successful craft fair, but she also makes jewellery, including pieces with lovely names like sweet dreams, damson and the one I like - honeydew.
MomentsbyMartha will also be taking a break from organising Oxford Handmade and displaying her 'Onyx&' range of necklaces, part of the CUBICbyMartha collection. I like this one, tiny cubes of midnight black onyx are strung together, with a cube of smooth lemony prehnite.
I know I am going to find it hard to walk home without spending my takings on a Pennydog resin pendant. She creates lovely work which I have featured here before. She also has a book and £1 from each sale goes to the Retired Greyhound Trust.

And yet more silversmith delights will be on show from Quercus Silver who works in resin and silver. I seem to be drawn to anything sea inspired today, like this ring.

Turned and Twisted describe themselves as a crazy couple on the wrong side of 40 creating madness and mess throughout the house. Louise is the jewellery maker with a love of beading and chainmaille. This bracelet looks like it would feel lovely to wear.

Softy Walter promises you this will be the softest jewellery you will ever wear! And it certainly looks like that! I love the colours. They look good enough to eat.

For some spring inspired charm, MyAphrodite will be there with her jewels, including this sweet Fledgling Dreams necklace.

Button Moon will be there too with an array of button inspired jewellery, including bracelets, earrings and button necklaces galore.
As well as being a clutter loving, perfectionist, tea drinking lady, Snappy sausage is also a jewellery maker, combining fused glass, found objects and illustration in her charming work.


And finally, Snag Dragon Beads is a talented bead weaver, armed with a needle and thread and a carefully selected palette of beads, creating a colourful range of pendants, brooches, bracelets and earrings.


Phew! Pretty much something for everyone there! Have a good weekend. I'll be busy making cats and dogs and a few Easter bunnies too!

4 comments:

Heather Leavers said...

Wonderful pieces - I'm going back to look in some shops. Have a great fair!

vintage girl said...

What beautiful jewellery, I'm sooo wanting some. Have nominated you for an award over at my blog. Lisaxxx

Linden said...

Gasp! What a breathtaking range of jewellery, all of it absolutely beautiful, I wish I could get down to the fair but sadly I can't.

I'm always drawn to sea themed pieces, there's something so peaceful about them.

I'm going away with a great big smile on my face because when I clicked on Snapdragon Beads I found her link to the "Colour picker/namer tool" - I struggle with names for my pieces so this is a "woohoo" moment!!

Fabric Nation said...

Hi thanks for all your comments and for your award Lisa. I've not looked at the colour picker yet - looks fun! But I shall have to stay away from it until I get everything done for this weekend!