Tuesday 10 March 2009

Hamdm@de Cambridge - meet the designers...

Between now and the end of the month I will be featuring sellers who will be exhibiting at Handmade Cambridge on April 4th. This week, here's a peek at some of the lovely textile based work that will be on offer. Pictured above is one of Namolio's elephants. Namolio works mainly in linen to produce beautiful coasters, pincushions and toys, a graphic designer by trade, her work has a gentle, calm quality. Helena Carrington's textiles suggest an illustration background with her range of travel inspired, digitally printed interior textiles, accessories, photography and art pieces. I love the mix of colours and text on this Camping in France cushion.
Poor Robin creates bright and cheerful button bracelets, felt cuffs, pendants hair clips and other handmade gifts, celebrating all that is joyful and chromatic! I can't resist anyone that combines orange and blue, my fave colour combination.



And finally, lucky visitors to Handmade Cambridge will have the chance to pick up one of Cozee Cuddles handmade quilts. This one is made with mix of cotton fabrics and even the flowers are filled to make them extra cosy!


Next week I'll be featuring the knitters and hookers!

4 comments:

Heather Leavers said...

looks like it's going to be great, too far for me though.

Fabric Nation said...

That's a shame. Will you be at any others?

Anonymous said...

what a lovely blog! Thanks for following mine... I only just discovered 'following', I'll start by returning the favour!
Louise x

Fabric Nation said...

Thanks Louise! I only discovered following just now too. I also added the UK crafty blog badge thinking the really high number was a good thing showing how many crafty blogs there are, not how far down the list I am!! I still like to think of it as the former!