Tuesday 17 March 2009

Handmade Cambridge - knitters and hookers

Lots of knitted and crocheted treats await visitors to Handmade Cambridge. Tokyo-born Hannah Chan makes charming little amigurumi – Japanese crochet toys. I love her little cats, bears and rabbits and might end up walking home with one myself! Malva design studio has created wonderful jewellery pieces including some very expertly and beautifully made earrings, bracelets and brooches. She also makes lots of other lovely things that show off her amazing skill and sense of colour.
Strikk uses cotton yarn and wool to produce fabulous cushions, scarves and homewares. I love the colours used in these cushion covers…

Over in Cloudhopping world, you can find creations that stem from a love of gorgeous pure wools and carrying a crochet hook and a ball of wool around all day! Cloudhopping has a lovely range of hats, light and delicate scarves, flower brooches and other accessories, including this….


Bluefish handmade has been knitting and crocheting since she was 6, so it’s no wonder her work is intricate and colourful as well as functional. Victorian style has influenced her graceful scarves and fingerless gloves and for spring she has applied her crochet skills to create some very pretty jewellery and lingerie.



Spring may be in the air, but there is still enough of a chill to find a reason to keep you hands cosy in a pair of Blackberry crafts fingerless mittens. She has been selling these in her shop in a lovely mix of colours, including mint and chic chip!

5 comments:

vintage girl said...

Hi there Gillian, thanks for stopping by my blog, I love your blog! I have sent your parcel this morning so hopefully it will be with you by Saturday. I really hope you like it, I'm a bit worried about my handmade gifts as I consider myself to be rather amaterish and you make such lovely creations! Fingers crossed that you like it! Best Wishes. Lisaxxx

Fabric Nation said...

Me too! Hope you like it. gx

strikk handknits said...

hey, so cool feature - thank you for this, looking forward to meeting all. ;-)

Ela said...

Hi! Thanks for including me in your Handmade Cambridge review :) that's very kind. I'm really looking forward to the Fair but I'm a bit scared at the same time - I hope my projects will found some interest..
Take care and see you in April
Ela :)

Fabric Nation said...

Looking forward to meet you all too! Feeling a bit nervous now!